Rustle up your craft supplies and load your glue guns ‘cuz it’s…
Today I’m sharing one last tutorial from the Crew’s “A Vintage Valentine” party. Mayra from In Flight loved the doily inspired flowers I made to decorate the chairs and glass jars and asked for the how-to.
- Flower Punch
- Hole Punch
- Heart Punch (optional)
- Large Brad
1. Punch two flowers from your cardstock.
2. Stack the flowers and cut in between the flower petals. Cut as close to the center at you’d like but make sure you don’t cut the petal off!
3. With your flowers still stacked, punch a hole in each petal and in the center of the flower.
4. Attach the brad to the center of the stacked flowers.
5. Turn the top flower slightly and tighten the brad. Bend the petals up and down for a 3-D effect. Ta-Da!
(Optional) 6. If you’d like to add leaves, punch hearts from green cardstock and bend them for a 3-D effect.
Try using different punches for the flower shapes and the petals. Attach them to a piece of cardstock which can be used as framed art or a lovely greeting card. The possibilities are endless!
I think I may frame this one or maybe I should use it for party décor. What do you think I should use it for?
I hope you’re inspired to create a bunch of sweet doily inspired flowers!