Rustle up your craft supplies and load your glue guns ‘cuz it’s…
Pinterest. I fought it for almost a year. I heard stories of how party chicks would be on it hour after hour…day after day…and their work would pile up ‘cuz they were addicted to it. My fear was that I would no longer have an idea that was all my own. I like to be an original. I like to march to my own drummer. I want to be pinned…not pin others.
I admit. I was wrong. I’m still original. I’m still quirky. I’m not addicted. I’m actually inspired. If you haven’t taken the leap or you don’t know what Pinterest is, I encourage you to check it out. It really is a great resource for recipes, party décor ideas, tutorials and so much more! I love being able to save a photo that inspires me and know where to find it when I have more time to think about it. It’s also a great place to find simple and inexpensive ideas which I would never have thought of!
Recently, I haven’t had a lot of extra time on my hands to be crafty. I’m not a big wreath maker but when I saw this wreath by Family Chic on Pinterest, I knew I needed to make it for my sister’s “Aloha 50” Birthday Party.
- Foam Wreath Form or Grapevine Wreath
- Paper Umbrellas
- Twine, String, Ribbon or Raffia
Time: 15 minutes
1. Open the umbrellas and break the toothpicks so they are short enough not to poke out the back of the wreath form.
2. Lay form on a flat surface which will ensure that the wreath will lay flat against the door.
3. Insert umbrellas around the interior of the wreath form. Slightly overlap the umbrellas to cover up the form and adjust as necessary.
4. Before you insert the last umbrella, attach twine, ribbon, string or raffia for hanging.
5. Insert umbrellas around the exterior of the wreath form.
6. Insert umbrellas around the top of the form.
7. Hang your wreath.
Ta-Da! A fun and festive decoration for luaus, tiki parties, summertime or a break from the winter blues!
I hope you’re inspired to try a project you saw on Pinterest! You can follow this lil’ piggy on Pinterest by clicking here.
Linking up to: The Celebration Shoppe